1.Introduction for the student radio production
The educators together with students interested to participate in European School Radio (ESR), every starting school year, form one or more Radio Teams/groups.
Usually this radio teams comprise of a small number of students with at least one coordinating teacher who is responsible to organize and enroll the team to ESR and also accountable to the school, ESR and the society overall for the outcome of this team. In many cases, the head teacher of the school is involved or gives the approval and monitors the progress of the team. For the school radio team the outcome is a number of audio products called “radio shows”, coupled with posts, pictures, social media activities in the Web Radio Community area, such as chatting, etc.
In order to achieve this, at the beginning of the year the educators in charge gather all the “Parental/guardian participation Approval Sheets” to avoid any kind of legal implications.
In addition, the educators may:
● Implement the radio team either in the school curriculum or within extra-curriculum activities. For example, in school projects.
● Work within the school hours for the Primary school in the context of the Cultural Subjects Programme as a part of extra curriculum activities or mixed in other class time or subjects.
● Work outside the school hours for the Secondary educational level. This is accomplished within the context of special Educational Activities Programs, or even within the school hours in the context of Project’s time.
● Work in the context of e-twinning or ERASMUS+
● Take part within special activities promoted by the Ministry of Education such as thematics for the Social School
● In general, the School Radio can be utilised as a promoting tool, for every school achievement and activity.
After the formation of the Radio Teams, it is time to create the Radio Studio or audio recording place. At the same time, necessary equipment has to be provided to the school.
2.Registration for the teachers
You are a teacher from a school and you are willing to take part in European School Radio.
First of all, you have to register with your personal email address and if you do not find your school already registed through the list, then you fill the form with information about your school. Please, follow the next steps in order to complete your registration.
In the Home page (http://europeanschoolradio.eu/) and the option for REGISTER, you are asked to fill in the form with information about you. If your school is already registed, then it will be searchable in the list below. If not, then you have to make a registration for the school also. If so, you are directly transferred in the Step 2.
Some of the fields for the school’s information are the exact address of the school, the official email account of the school, the principal’s name. All fields are needed to filled in, in order to move on the next step.
In this step, you have to wait for approval from the webmaster of the portal. As soon as the administrator approves your registration, then you can follow the directions that has been automatically sent in your email account that you filled in the Step 1, in order to set a password.
You are ready to LOGIN through the Home page of European School Radio. The username has been sent to your email in Step 3 and the password has been set by you in the same step. Enjoy your radio season!
3.Presentation for the school profile
This is the body of section 3